Since sharing the PS4 6.72 to 5.05 Game Backporting Instructions proceeding the 6.72 PS4JB earlier this month, PlayStation 4 scene developer @zecoxao passed along some additional details via Twitter outlined in the Tweets below alongside an NP-32046-5 Helper Script to Fix PS4 Encrypted Trophy Errors by Sorrow446 for those experiencing errors including “Cannot start the application. (NP-32046-5)” or “An error has occurred. (NP-32046-5)” which PSDevWiki translates to the error SCE_NP_TROPHY_ERROR_INVALID_TRP_FILE_FORMAT at offset 0x80551616.
Here’s more details from the README.md: NP-32046-5-helper
A quick script to aid the fixing of the PS4 NP-32046-5 error.
This error occurs when an attempt to launch a fpkg packaged with encrypted trophies is made.
- Copy your unencrypted trophies folder from your PS4 to the same directory as your game/update dump.
The FTP payload or PS4-Xplorer is recommended. /user/trophy/
- Drag your dump folder onto helper.py.
- The script will abort the trophies copying process if it finds that your original trophies are already unencrypted or your unencrypted trophies for your dump couldn’t be found.
- If your game/update dump trophies are encrypted, they’ll be replaced with the decrypted ones if all goes well. Back them up before if you need them.
- All unencrypted trophies: /user/trophy/
- Dump (un)encrypted trophies file: <CUSA>\sce_sys\trophy\trophy00.trp
- Unencrypted trophies file: /user/trophy/conf/<NP communication ID>/TROPHY.TRP
And from Jayinem81 comes a brief guide for those seeking to fix error NP-32046-5 on your own personal dumps, to quote:
- Install disc to internal
- You will need to use FTP on the exploit page, leave it open
- Open Filezilla put in your PS4s IP, and port is 1337
- Go to /user/trophy/conf/ the trophies look like NPWR with some numbers, they wont match your dumps CUSA. What I did was just sort by date on filezilla, and copy the latest one over.
- You should see TROPHY.TRP in all caps, rename to trophy00.trp and in your dump copy it to CUSAxxxxx-app/sce_sys/trophy/ and overwrite the trophy00.trp that’s already there
- Convert your dump to PKG again, making sure you get a new .gp4 then convert .gp4 with Fake PKG Generator
- You should now be able to install the PKG successfully
You may have a corrupted save data just overwrite it and play.
Additionally, BlueCop notes “if you open /sce_sys/npbind.dat for the game in a hexeditor then you can see the NPWRXXXXX value in there” with some related topics below (sorted by date) for those new to the PlayStation 4 hacking scene:
- PS4 Retail / Debug Game Transfusion Guide, TestKit Trophies Working
- PS4 Trophy Resigner Makefile Test by HappyElement (aka Harlequin)
- Resigning PS4 Trophies from Retail to Debug Guide by Zecoxao
- PS4 Trophy Modding by ThisIsMrNameless, RTM Guide by Hydrogen
- Modding PS4 Trophies Displayed on Your Profile Demo by Modded Warfare
- PlayStation 4 Trophy (PS4 .TRP File) Extractor by Red-EyeX32
- PS4 Sealedkey / pfsSKKey for SaveGame & Trophy Data Decryption
- SceNpTrophySignature Inside PS4 Decrypted ESFM Trophy Files Guide
- Modifying PlayStation 4 Trophies Tutorial by Kudge
- PS4 Debug Trophies on Retail by Flatz
- Extract TROPHY.TRP Files from Modded PS4 to PC via Filezilla Guide
- MyTrophies Beta PS4 HEN Trophy Calculator by OfficialAhmed
- BitHunter Tool to Extract / Pull PS4 Game Trophy Data by AlexKalopsia