Find in github for https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher/releases.
INFO: This app requires accessing the game icons from the “ur0:/appmeta” folder therefore compiled with UNSAFE flag. Dev’s can verify the code in git.
This is a app/game launcher application.
The main purpose of this app is for users who have hundreds of games on their vita.
The psvita has limitation of 500 bubbles only, anything more is not accessible. I couldn’t find an app that served me well to manage my library of (~1600) games so I decided to create my own.
Use in conjunction with the CopyIcons app to get icons not created by psvita. Search in github for https://github.com/cy33hc/copyicons/releases
- Add ability to luanch Adrenaline ISO and EBOOT directly within the launcher. No need to create many bubbles.
- Games are display in 4 categories (vita/psp/homebrew/favorites). The psp game categories looks for games starting with the gameid PSPEMU. Mainly the bubbles created with Adrenaline Bubble Manager
- Game caching. With hundreds of games, scanning the folders and building the list takes a long time. So a cache is built on the first scan and subsequent startup of the app reads from the cache.
- Favorites. With hundreds of games, it’s takes a quite a while to browse all the games to find your favorite game. Therefore I’ve implemented a feature to add a game to you favorites for easy access.
- Game images loaded on demand. With hundreds of games, we can’t possibly load all the game images into memory. So images are loaded on demand only and a few pages of images are cached.
- Last but not least, you can access you full library of games/apps. Just an FYI, I could load 1600 games/apps on my vita-tv.
- Add the ability to launch Retro games directly via the launcher. Includes N64,
- Added new categories for each of the retro cores eg. NES, SNES, GC, GBC, GBA, N64, etc…
- Added ability to customize the category where a game or app shows in the launcher.
- Add option for parental control to hide dangerous settings.
- Add option to change the default retro core used
- Add options to specify where to import roms from.
- Add option to change icon path location.
- up/down/left/right – for browsing your games
- left analog stick – for browsing your games
- square – add the selected game to favorites
- circle – switch game/app category
- triangle – scan games and rebuild the cache.
- cross (or Touch on icon) – start the selected game/app
- L-trigger – previous page
- R-trigger – next page
## How Tos
1. How to change parental controls.
2. How to customize the category where bubble goes into.
3. How to import roms into the launcher.
4. How to change the retro core used to start a retro game.
5. How to customize icons for the rom that display in the app
6. How to setup Vita-Laucher to launch Adrenaline ISO and EBOOT directly.
Here is require VPK to install to make use of direct Adrenaline booting. https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher/releases/download/v1.4/AdrenalineLauncher.vpk
- Fixed crash sometimes while switching between pages
- Add ability to remove a game from favourites category
- Hide categories with no games
- Add new LIST view. Use triangle button to bring up “Settings” dialog to switch between Grid/List view.
- Add options to add/remove a single game from cache. Useful when you install/uninstall games. You can update the cache without rescanning all the games.
- No longer scans the ux0:app folder to find games and create a cache. Changed to read the game info directly from the Vita’s app database. As a results there’s no need to include the options to add/remove/rescan.
- Polished up the GUI a little
- – Add the ability to launch Retro games directly via the launcher. Includes N64,
- – Added new categories for each of the retro cores eg. NES, SNES, GC, GBC, GBA, N64, etc…
- – Added ability to customize the category where a game or app shows in the launcher.
- – Add option for parental control to hide dangerous settings.
- – Add option to change the default retro core used
- – Add options to specify where to import roms from.
- – Add option to change icon path location.
- – Syncs homebrew categories from VitaDB website.
- Add ability to launch Adrenaline PSP ISO and EBOOT games directly via the launcher app. This still requires Adrenaline Bubble Booter which is installed by Adrenaline Bubble Manager. You will NEED to install AdrenalineLauncher.vpk. This will install a placeholder Bubble which will be used by Vita-Launcher. Vita-Launcher make some modification to the content in the Bubble with the game info before starting it.
- Add rom filters in the ux0:data/SMLA00001/config.ini to only look for specific files in the ROMS folder. This allows the scan to skip sav file and unrelated content while scanning for games. Also you can edit the config to specify any other file extensions you want to skip.
- Add new categories for Atari 2600, 7800, C64 and Wonder Swan.